Hi!
I have been looking around for a laptop which is somewhat Linux friendly, and
is cheap and offers good value for money. Till now have been finding Dell
Inspiron 5150 quite attractive. Have any of you had any experience with it?

From my brief reading on various google links, Dell's support is quite
pathetic. Other than hardware problems, have any of you had any problems
which require their tech support?

I spotted a person at Baazee
(http://www.baazee.com/jsp/BidForm.jsp?Trade_TradeId=26559397) offering one
for about Rs. 60k. However, for several reasons I would find it more secure
to buy it from a proper dealer, than trust one of these kinds(with no sales
history, hardly any details of shop, etc.). Do any of you know some good Dell
dealers in Delhi who can give a good price?

Lastly, is cheap finance for laptops available on any brand like IBM, Dell
etc. available in Delhi? I mean some thing like an instalment plan for
payment? In that case I can consider upping my budget currently about Rs.
60-70k.

Any other suggestions of laptops are welcome. I would like one which offers
wifi, atleast 40GB HDD, 15"+ monitor, and till I am sure about linux
compatibility - preferably no Centrino. (The Dell one is probably Centrino
though :-P ). I heard even Dell 600m is nice.

Thanks!

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya    *    Puroga Technologies   *     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Work: http://www.puroga.com        *         Home: http://www.sandipb.net

PGP/GPG Signature: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3

Perilous to all of us are the devices of an art deeper than we ourselves
possess.
                -- Gandalf the Grey [J.R.R. Tolkien, "Lord of the Rings"]