Hi Amit,

--- Amit Sharma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> anyone who can commercially implement it?
> anybody who have implemented it for any
> organisation?
> > > hi,
> > > 10+ diskless PC that boots directly from linux
> > > server.
> > > linux server will also be running windows 2k
> (using
> > > vmware i guess), so that the users have option
> > > work on linux as well as windows simultaneously.
> > >
> > > possible?
> >  ideally speaking should work. Use LTSP.

Considering the dirt cheap price of hard disks  these
days( 40GB in range of 2.5k & 80GB in range of 4 -5
k), It may be cheaper and easier to maintain PC with
hard disks than keeeping then disk less.

Reason:
1. You want to run Win2000 using VMWARE: Any operating
system in VMware runs very slow, because real hardware
is emulated by VMware.

2. 10+ Win2000 systems will do a hell lot of disk I/O.
You will have to invest is a significantly powerful
server with significantly fast Storage system.
which may be very expensive

Kapil Sethi