-----Original Message-----
From: Raj Mathur [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2004 6:36 AM
To: The Linux-Delhi mailing list
Subject: Re: [ilugd] touchtel dsl model: xavi x7005q

    Sudev> On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 18:11, Linux Lingam wrote:
    >> touchtel dsl model: xavi x7005q, how does this modem work on
    >> touchtel dsl line under redhat9? can't get it to work.

Umm, did you ask Touchtel whether it'll work with Linux or not before
you took the connection?  I didn't take up Dishnet DSL, oh so many
years ago, precisely because their DSL modem wasn't supported under
Linux.

    Sudev> look at eciadsl.flashtux.org if it is not listed there then
    Sudev> chances are it does not work :-( -- Sudev Barar Learning
    Sudev> Linux

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?postid=869100
(Google rocks, doesn't it? :) seems to indicate that some Fujitsu
driver MAY work.  Worth a try, otherwise buy the router from Touchtel.
Or better yet, sue them for not making their connection work with your
equipment!

Regards,

- -- Raju
- --
Raj Mathur                [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://kandalaya.org/
                      It is the mind that moves

May be I am wrong but as per my info TouchTel provides two types of
modem for DSL users.
1.Ethernet modem
2.USB.

I don't remember the model name. But the Ethernet modem the Touchtel
provides have the capability of PPOE type connectivity which woks with
linux pretty well.

Even Better the Ethernet modem allows you to just connect to router by
making default route as the IP of the  Modem.  i.e. modem will itself
act as a modem + Router ( NAT enabled)

The USB Modem sucks with all types of problems with both windows and
linux. Touchtel itself is now *recommending * the Ethernet modem
Regards,
Sumit