Fri 24-Sep-2004:: ILUG-D activity in last 7 days:
New events:1   Total events:32
What:Linux Demo Day 2004 - LDD2K4
When:Sat, Sep 25, 2004 - 10:00AM
Where:Jamia Hamdard Archives Auditorium, Hamdard University, New Delhi 110062
(Adjacent to Batra Hospital. Entry from Gate 6)
Contact:Raju Mathur
Category:Upcoming/Recent Events

Registration: 9:30 am
Contact: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Entry: Free - all are invited

We are happy to announce and ask your participation at the Linux Demo Day organized by
India Linux Users Group, Delhi (ILUGD, www.linux-delhi.org).

If you've heard of it, but haven't tried it, Linux is a computer operating system
istinguished from other operating systems (such as Windows or Mac OS) by the fact that
it is avaliable freely for use and its source code is available to anyone, and anyone
can contribute improvements to the system. It, like Windows, supports a GUI (Graphic
User Interface) - meaning it's as easy to use, and less likely to crash.

We will be conducting Linux-related talks and presentations in the Hamdard Archives
Auditorium, on Saturday, 25th September, by some of our resident experts, and
hopefully they  will interest people who've already taken the plunge as well as those
who are just about to.

There'll be lots of demonstrations/talks throughout the day and plenty of
opportunities to gain hands-on experience of different Linux distributions and
applications for yourself. There is space outside the auditorium, which will be used
for giving the demos. The demos and the talks will go on concurrently. We'll also  be
distributing Linux goodies at low or no cost.

Remember, Linux Demo Day is not meant as The Inquisition for differing opinions, but
rather a day for diffusion of  knowledge. Come be a part of the growing Linux
community....

New Discussion forum postings:12   Total postings:322
1. Category:Networking  Author:Kiran Reddy