--- Sandip Bhattacharya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Naresh Narang wrote:
> >
> >   While installing libglade on Fedora Core 2, it
> threw
> > on me a spate of dependencies on other old
> versions of
> > software, that itself was dependent on other old
> > bunch.
> >

> ... and you were expecting? libglade, as I told you,
> is just not an old
> version of the library. It is an old generation of
> the library, which
> depended on older generation of other libraries.

     I was expecting a solution to installing php-gtk.
I know that old version would depend on older
libraries etc. While installing all older versions of
libraries, there may be a point when some 'X' package
depends on newer version and cannot be reverted back
to older version. So older verision couldn't co-exist
with newer in such case. I know libglade 1 worked fine
on Fedora core 1 with all older libraries and php-gtk
works fine on that.

Thanks for your help,
--Naresh

=====