On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 23:48, Raj Shekhar wrote:
> makuchaku wrote:
>
> > Anyways, I'm very soon getting a Nokia 6600. Is the PC Suite available
> > for Linux? I dont want to install a Windows system for it. Can i use
> > other OSS tools for the same?
>
> The Gnokii FAQ page says 6110 is supported
> http://www.gnokii.org/faq.shtml#models . Does it need a data cable or
> does 6110 does IR ? And how much did you pay for a USB/serial data cable?

gnokii is too old an application, so is the 6110. there's a major
difference between 6110 and 6600, 6600 is a symbian OS based device and
this model does not have connectivity through cable. the only
connectivity options supported are IR, Bluetooth & GPRS

sometime back in the list, afair, bhaskar dutta had successfully managed
to connect a USB-Bluetooth dongle and was able to transfer files as well
as control his XMMS remotely!
[http://www.mail-archive.com/ilugd@lists.linux-delhi.org/msg07468.html]

i'm not sure if transferring phonebooks and taking backups is possible,
but yes, file transfer is possible. what yu can look into is
gnome-bluetooth, bluez, obex and SyncML (to transfer all your
information to a remote server). another application is gammu but i
don't think it works with Series 60 devices, its only for Series 40

--
                                        \|||/
                                        (o o)