[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Dear Friends,
I have some time back installed redhat linux 9.0 on mine PC.

A basic rule ... if you are able to install Red Hat Linux in graphical mode on your PC, then your display adapter is very much supported by the distribution version (or X). If it does not get automatically configured. It may need some tweaking. What display adapter do you have ?

But the resolution of mine display was 800*640 so i tried to install a display driver.

In order to change the display resolution you should have used the given utility (redhat-config-xfree86) instead of changing the display driver when it was already working.

On that it was written that it has been checked on redhat 5.2 and some other

You have not written how you installed it ... whether it was an RPM or a Tar Ball. I am afraid you may have overwritten / corrupted your existing files.

instead i am there with a login screen asking mine user name and pass.

The X Display Manager must have got changed.

Please tell me what to do i can reinstall the linux again but i want to keep it as the last option.
Regards,
Abhishek jain

Okay ... boot in text mode, reinstall the RPMs for X from your Red Hat CDs and configure X again. You can also download the latest updates from RH9 from http://updates.redhat.com/ and then install them.

- Manish Kathuria