--- Tarun Dua <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As it stands I promised to get the required space
> available. So I got it
> sponsored from some nice guys who want a small
> diminuitive link at the
> footer. There was an apparent rough consensus with
> Niyam that he won't
> bother about a smallish link at the footer(for
> whosoever it maybe) and care
> for the main 99% screen area of the site.
>
> I wouldn't have as much as wanted it be known that
> I'll be the host and that
> was actually one of the things I told Niyam. And I
> am definitely not
> enjoying the current spotlight on me.

  who are the nice guys and why are they not ready to
come out on the list. Creative is a volunteer effort
and nowhere any sponsership was discussed. Web space
provider was supposed to be sponseror of space.

 There is nothing wrong in sponsership but everything
should happen in a transparent manner, hidden "nice
guys" are not accepted to any community. So if we get
sponsers then mailing list should be informed about in
detail. We had accepted sponsership in past and all
teh details were made public and no unilateral
decision was taken about sponsership.

 Also, it was made clear to every one involved in
making of creative dot that they can take credit for
their contribution only and was also comunicated to
Tarun by Niyam that we are ready to put a mesage in
footer giving credit to web space provider or company.

> > he had
> > not specified that he'd be requiring branding.
> Has there been any
> > status change since then?
> Yes and no! May I request that we take this topic
> for offlist discussion for
> a full clarification. I'll try and drop in at IHC
> today evening.

 Since creative has been announced and everyone knows
about it it makes no sense to discuss things offlist.

> My cooperation would be available in full for
> whatever the content owners
> and stakeholders (Niyam and Vivek) for this site
> decide.

 if you think only two person are stakeholders, you
are deadly mistaken. Every person who has contributed
initial content is a stakeholder, Niyam and Vivek are
just helping them in getting content online.

 If you have are not ready to volunteer for webspace
and want someone to spanser it let us know, we will
move our site from your server.

regards
VK

=====