On Tue, May 24, 2005 0:43, Arhant Jain said:
> Dear all,
>
> I tried to install Red Hat 7 (win 98 pre installed having more than 4GB
> non dos partition). It installed but unable to boot in linux (boots in win
> 98). Pl. suggest me what to do.

when yu installed redhat 7.0, after the installation had finished it
would've asked yu whether yu want to install LILO in MBR (Master Boot
Record) or First partition of the hard disk. yu possibly would've selected
the latter option, that's why yu're not able to boot in Linux.

secondly, redhat 7.0 is a verrrry old distribution. try somethin new like
the Ubuntu Linux or Mandrake/Fedora. then only yu'd have a better idea of
Linux as the distributions have advanced substantially from the redhat 7
days

| vivek  *  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *  http://exain.net |
|        Registered Linux User: #305493            |