in infinite wisdom Arhant Jain spoke thus on 05/24/05 00:43:
> Dear all,
>
> I tried to install Red Hat 7 (win 98 pre installed having more than
> 4GB non dos partition). It installed but unable to boot in linux (boots
> in win 98). Pl. suggest me what to do.

Try installing some newer distros instead of RH 7. In most cases, it
will correctly detect a installed Win system and make its entry in the
boot loader.  Once the Win system is detected, install GRUB in the MBR
of the first IDE hard drive in a PC.

--
Raj Shekhar                          Y! : Operations Engineer
MySQL DBA, programmer and  slacker   Y!IM : lunatech3007