> Jul 20 09:12:11 sudev usb.agent[9710]:      visor: already loaded
> Jul 20 09:12:16 sudev kernel: usb 1-1: hald timed out on ep0in
> Jul 20 09:12:51 sudev last message repeated 7 times
> ENDQUOTE:
With the output all i can make is you connected and disconnected the cable, FC3
has 2.6.x kernel
and you think udev is the culprit , with my experineces  with cables from Nehru
place these cables
gave me different device names in 2.6.9 kernel.

like cable from one lot gave me /dev/ttyUSB0 and the cable from other makes
/dev/ttyACM0

next time we meet i would love to try my cable on your phone and my laptop and
all those
permutations will give us some more info to troubleshoot.

cheers
Satyakam