On 8/21/05, Sharad Birmiwal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> i thought there was some email in this thread about thread hijacking?
>
> sharad birmiwal

 please do not hijack threads
 In case, you have no clue what hijacking the thread means, see
http://mm.bbspals.org/general/message-recycling.html for a nice
explanation (with nice figures).
Always start a new thread instead of taking an already ongoing one,
changing the subject line and posting it again. The subject line is only
loosely related to the threading.  Every mail message has a message-id.
 When you "reply" or "followup" to a message, you client is supposed to
put a References header with the message-id of the message you are
replying to.

If you use an existing thread, the result is that your question is
buried below unrelated questions when looking at the mailing list in a
threaded way. This is known as `Hijacking threads'. It causes
information to be lost and you'll be less likely to get an answer

 i think the above  information should be of use to poor misguided souls.
Sriram