On Tuesday, 13 Sep 2005 11:59 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> vikram ranade wrote:
> >Apt or synaptic should get you the correct Acroread version.
> >Maybe the repository that you are downloading from is broken.
> >I use Acroread,xpdf and OpenOffice 1.13 for all my PDF needs.
>
> May I request you to give me the repository address - will try and use
> that - I am quite sure that something is wrong in the repository

Am not sure which version of acroread is available from the repositories. Most
of the versions out there are version 5.

However, check out the latest (v7x) version of Adobe Reader from the Adobe
site itself. Based on Gtk2, it is faster and better than previous versions.

Acroread is by far the best renderer of PDF on Linux, but for all other
manipulation Free tools on Linux are better.

Check out pdftk for compressing/decompressing,locking/unlocking,
merging/splitting PDFs.

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya  *    Puroga Technologies   *     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Work: http://www.puroga.com  *   Home/Blog: http://www.sandipb.net/blog

PGP/GPG Signature: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3

Freedel 2005, September 17-18, PHDCCI House, New Delhi
Organized by the Indian Linux Users Group - Delhi chapter.
More details at Freedel home - http://www.freedel.in
Daily updates at the Freedel blog - http://www.freedel.org