Fri 16-Sep-2005
ILUG-D activity in last 7 days:
New/recent events: 1   Total events:48
1. Freedel, A Linux, Free and OpenSource Event<font size="2"><br>Co-hosted by
PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI)</font>
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
When: Sat, Sep 17, 2005 - 10:00AM
Where: PHD House, New Delhi
Contact: Raju Mathur
Category: Linux Everywhere
India Linux Users’ Group, Delhi Chapter (ILUG-Delhi) and PHD Chamber of
Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI) are proud to present Freedel, an event for the
promotion of Linux, Free and Open Source Software.  The event shall be held at
the prestigious PHDCCI House in New Delhi on September 17 and 18, 2005.

For the first time the Linux Users Group is coming together with an Industry
body to present an all in one event that will cover:

1.Presentations showcasing Business Solutions
2.Live Demonstrations
3.In-depth Workshops/Tutorials
4.Linux Community & Industry interaction
5.Sponsor Demonstration area for showcasing FOSS solutions

ILUG-Delhi has conducted similar events in the past, which have received an
overwhelming response.  For example, last year at Jamia Hamdard (Hamdard
University) while expecting participation of 100 we actually had in excess of
450 participants.  This year we expect a minimum of 400 delegates/participants.

With increasing penetration and adoption of Linux in business and industry, one
of the main areas of concern business leaders have is to get a current state
overview and opportunities to interact on live systems. This year we propose to
have a seminar track where speakers from leading industry names shall present
their experiences with Linux, and a tutorial/workshop track where in-depth
training is imparted by industry experts and core developers. We have already
received proposals for talks and workshops from industry experts from
organisations including Yahoo, Red Hat and InfoSys....

New Discussion forum postings: 7   Total postings: 724
1. Category: Distributions   Author: Aditya Malk
Subject: RE:Ubuntu Hoary Hedgehog.
Date: Sep 09, 2005
The same offer stands in my case.

I live in West Kidwai Nagar, can drop them off nearby....

2. Category: Distributions   Author: Aditya Malk
Subject: RE:Tustix OS
Date: Sep 09, 2005
i'm no guru, but if you want to check the security of a system/firewall, a good
idea maybe to run nessus from another computer on the network....

3. Category: Linux Servers   Author: Satish salve
Subject: SafeSquid:Content Filtering Internet Proxy Server.
Date: Sep 10, 2005
Dear Sir/Madam,

SafeSquid is a Content Filtering Internet Proxy, helps in eliminating
problems related with -

- Internet Access leading to computers / networks getting infected with
  viruses and other such security breaches.

- Loss of busine...

4. Category: Linux Servers   Author: Vikas Rawal
Subject: Help on installation of debian on a server
Date: Sep 12, 2005
We are in the process of buying a xeon processor-based server which we plan to
use as a file server. We would like to have linux as the OS. Both IBM and HP
suggest redhat enterprise server. Redhat server is cheaper than the microsoft
server but not really...

5. Category: Job Openings   Author: Shankar
Subject: Part / Full Time Job With 100% Pay Guaranteed
Date: Sep 14, 2005
EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FOR INDIANS,Earn Rs.15,000-20,000/- per month from
home.No marketing / No MLM.We are offering a rare Job opportunity where you can
earn from home using your computer and the Internet - part-time or
full-time.Qualifications required a...

6. Category: Job Openings   Author: Shankar
Subject: Part / Full Time Computer Job With 100% Pay Guaranteed
Date: Sep 14, 2005
EXCELLENT OPPORTUNITY FOR INDIANS,Earn Rs.15,000-20,000/- per month from
home.No marketing / No MLM.We are offering a rare Job opportunity where you can
earn from home using your computer and the Internet - part-time or
full-time.Qualifications required a...

7. Category: Networking   Author: BRAHAM DEO GUPTA
Subject: collision in router
Date: Sep 15, 2005
dear sir,
from last six months i m sufering great problem with our proxy servers.actually
we have 256kbps leased line connection for distribution of connection within
campus premises.we use linux 9(squid) as a proxy server.we use hp desktop d330
model fo...

New News items: 0   Total items:188
New comments:7    Total comments:170
1. Module: Events   Author: Ashish Shukla
Date: Sep 15, 2005
Are u going to distribute Linux CDs ?...

2. Module: News   Author: Arun Bansal