Nishikant Kapoor wrote:
> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Message from Shiv Rana:
>
> I would like to use linux to replace MS windows. I read in the web that I
>  should get a box Linux for installtions. Where can I get the genuine linux
>  in box?

You dont need a special "box" to use linux. your current PC/Mac is good
enough.

Ubuntu is a easy to use version of GNU/Linux. You can probably download
the latest ubuntu live cd or installation cd.

The difference between live cd and installation cd is that, if you just
boot with that cd, you can use linux, there is no installation needed.

Please see,
http://www.ubuntu.com/
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UserDocumentation?action=show&redirect=NewToUbuntu

You can download the live cd ISO from here,

http://us.releases.ubuntu.com/releases/5.10/

Alternately you can loudly ask on the list for a ubuntu cd set.
P.
--
Alas, even today there's little worth thinking and saying that does
not grievously wound the state, the gods, and common decency.