At 2005-09-23 18:06:44 +0530, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I am getting this error while trying to start mysql. [...]
>
> Any pointers.

When you don't understand an error message, ask Google about it. Chances
are that other people have had the same problem.

In this case, a quick search for "can't open privilege tables mysql.host
doesn't exist" returns a number of helpful results. I suspect that your
problem is because you didn't run mysql_install_db.

(Also, please don't paste the error in the Subject of your message. If
you need to quote it, please do so in the body).

-- ams