On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 06:47:19 +0530
Sudev Barar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 9/25/05, Ritesh Raj Sarraf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote: [SNIP]
> > Something which is preferred by you isn't at all preferred by me.
> > When I bought my laptop, it came shipped with Mandrake Linux,
> > which I'm sure you like, but wasn't my preferred choice. So what
> > do I do, say that the company
>
> Which laptop was that? AFAIK Compaq does ship with mandrake but it
> has pcdos pre-installed and you are given a sealed pack Mandrake
> thatyou install atyourown risk with no support by them.
>
> [SNIP]
> > BTW, whatever distribution ACER shipped with its laptop, does it
> > cover support ? If yes, bug them.
>
> That is what I have been doing in my instance. But Limpus Linux is
> really a small CLI distro that even if they supported would not get
> things done for me.

Naah, see
http://www.linpus.com.tw/ - they dont have a stripped down CLI distro
product (except for embedded stuff!)
 This is probably some custom stuff they did on Acer demand, with
Acer specifically demanding a stripped down thing - & not give a full
desktop.
 As a company Acer could well have a full installed & configured
Linux desktop on the laptops, Linpus etc would do them a good job at
getting things preconfigured. But Acer didnt want that whatever their
commercial or persuasive reasons.

Karunakar