Vivek Kapoor wrote:

>On Thu, October 6, 2005 17:22, Komal said:
>

>>Hi Rajesh
>>
>>Try to use latest version of GIMP  as GIMP team is constantly
>>enhancing the software.
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Komal
>>

>he already is using the latest version of gimp. gimp team is constantly
>enhancing the software but implementing major features takes some time to
>get into production. right now gimp 2.3.4 is under development which
>eventually will be gimp 2.4. binaries of the development versions are not
>available till the preview release (e.g. gimp 2.4 RC1)

Komal / Vivek ,

I am using latest stable. I could not find anything on ChangeLogs
that say  about improvement of selection tools (beizer/pen)
in upcoming 2.4version. I will definitely try to install and and see
if there are any changes in that area.

The main problem is i do not know where the bottleneck is.

To me pentool of PhotoShop is *as difficult* as pen tool
of GIMP , because i do not know how to use it. (i am not designer)

But i observed that the designer was slow in Gimp when it came
to do the same work on the same image. But designer could not
really explain what made him slow , he just said it was difficult in
Gimp to use the pen tool. (The designer is not techie or have
maths bckg). I am not sure is GIMP lacks anything or the designer
is yet to discover that magical keystroke.

I would try to post my problem in Gimp forum also , but having
an expert in delhi who could personally train would have been
most desirable.

Regds
Rajesh Kumar Mallah.

>| vivek  *  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  *  http://exain.net |
>|        Registered Linux User: #305493            |

Best Regards,

regds
Mallah.

Rajesh Kumar Mallah