I will bite.

On Friday, 4 Nov 2005 6:23 pm, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> On Friday 04 Nov 2005 5:43 pm, Anupam Jain wrote:
> > > try django+postgresql. Django is the new python kid on the block.
> >
> > Hmm.. It's new alright.. Just checked out the Django homepage.. It's
> > still in pre-release with no guarantee of backward compatibility and
> > the code only available through subversion repositories.. Scary!
>
> i have two production sites under django - and i am not worried, even
> though i have limited programming skills.

Well, it seems that you would not be worried. But if you are involved in any
corporate deployments, the clients and the managers would be worrying. Will
any organizations which want to use the web app to manage their internal
accounting use such a software? I dont think so.

Maybe when you are running a non-critical web app, you can afford to be so
short sighted.

> You want open source - stick
> to pure scripting languages. (i have also gone through two major
> non-backward-compatible upgrades of django without scars).

You are using alpha software which is not even backward compatible among
releases? That is reason enough to look elsewhere.

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya  *    Puroga Technologies   *     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Work: http://www.puroga.com  *   Home/Blog: http://www.sandipb.net/blog

PGP/GPG Signature: 51A4 6C57 4BC6 8C82 6A65 AE78 B1A1 2280 A129 0FF3