In some cases the service levels are really pathetic. Specially if you
decide to buy your own router.

By the way, you can always call up the relevant exchange and talk to the
SDO. That might speed things up a bit. The names and numbers can be obtained
from 1500. One thing I have seen here.... a little bit of soft talk and
these MTNL guys perform better than any one else employing call center
executives who are trained to say "Yes Sir" to anything that you tell them.

Cheers

Subhasis