> Hi Akshay,
> No i havent cheked about ubuntu. Actually i am having a serer running on
> RHEL . So i want a OS similar to it for mine local PC, so a friend
> suggested me of centos as it is redhat based, he said ubuntu is debian
> based. I do not know the difference between those redhat based and debian
> based. Anyway if you have ubuntu i can install that also , if u suggest.
> Also pl. give me details from where i can get it.
> Friends i will be really happy if one can give me that CDs now before the
> meet ASAP . Mine contact no. is 9350893331.
> Expecting a reply.
> --
> Regards
> Abhishek Jain

Abhishek:
1. Top posting is frowned upon. Try snipping and bottom post.
2. I have 64CentOS CD's but they are 4.0 and I have had some trouble
on them. I would recommend go for 4.xx (if that is out)
3. I switched to Ubuntu5.10-64 but as you rightly observed it is a bit
different from RH legacy and there is a learning curve.

I will bring Ubuntu 64 CD to ILUGD meeting on sunday, but be aware
that you will need to have good connectivity to net as additional
packages can be installed only after download. If you need to pick it
up faster I am in Faridabad...give a call at +91-129-4061039

--
Sudev Barar
Learning Linux