darshan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 > I am a radiologist and need to montage 6 sonography images
 > to one and then print the montaged image onto an A4 size
 > paper. I used the command in this manner

 > montage /dir/*.jpg -adjoin -verbose -tile 2x3  dina.jpg

> The resultant image gave me the desired format of 2  x 3
 > images but the image resolution was lost. So i need to find out
 > what flag is needed to obtain a good quality montaged
 > image.

 One way is to use the size of the largest image in your collection
 as an argument to the -geometry option of montage, which allows
 you to specify the tile and border size. Thus, if your largest image
 is 800x600 (you can get this info with the ImageMagick command
 'identify'), and you want a border of 0 pixels, do:
    montage /dir/*.jpg -adjoin -geometry '800x600+0+0>' -tile 2x3  dina.jpg
 The '>' in the geometry specification tells montage not to shrink
 any images. Of course, this will work for printing on to an A4 sized
 paper only if your images can be printed 2x3 at their normal size.

 Regards,
 Gora