hi,
 what you need is an sms gateway.
 most cellular service providers provide both hosted as well as standalone
(different pricing packages ) sms gateway.
 if you're using nagios etc then you need to install the appropriate plugin for
sms notifications

Karanbir Singh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Yashpal Nagar wrote:
> Hi ILUGD,
>
>    We have to setup the SMS alerts from emails, whenever some problem
> occurs in NMS(Network Management System) it generates email and when
> that email falls in a mailbox it should do a SMS to a list of mobile
> numbers.
> I just want to know what are the service providers for same in around
> NCR  and anyone using it? any feedback etc

why not just hook up an old mobile phone to the Monitoring system and
use that ?

doing alerts over the network ( like email / URL / webservice etc )
brings a massive disadvantage : that the system might be trying to
complain about the same network being out!

--
Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/ : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

catch ya later (Ive gotta UnWire Life!!!)
  shiv