in infinite wisdom Shiv spoke thus  On 03/05/2006 06:58 PM:

> hi,
>   top-posting is one thing
> however, as far as the "non-english" part goes, I think its time we
> climb outta our colonial slumber and encourage people to use native
> language. "roman" hindi like the one ankit was trying to use is quite
> ok. The indian army uses it to a large extent (part of the colonial legacy).

I get a lot of emails everyday (150-200 would be a close figure).  As
such, I can say with confidence that people find it easier to read
emails that are written in plain english, i.e. without using sms lingo
or trying to write roman hinglish.  As far as the part about colonial
legacy goes, yes, I find it easier to read english rather than hindi.
If anyone starts writing in hindi (and thunderbird will have no problems
in showing such emails), I will simply pass over that email.

if u cn rd this, u nd a dictionary.
--
          _.-,               raj shekhar
     .--'  '-._           http://rajshekhar.net