Kishore Bhargava wrote:
> Ram,
>
> One very lame way of doing this is to not assign a default gateway for the
> machine. I have
> seen many Win Admins do this, but like I said its extremely lame. Using
> iptables of a
> proxy would be a better way. But if its only this one machine, then just
> remove its
> default gateway and it will not be able to access anything outside your
> network. However,
> it will access all services on your network.
>
> Cheers...Kishore

Thanks Kishore

one more thing,

a. when I ping the network 192.168.0.255 -b it does not show the windows
machine , i have to physically go over and get the ip which it self is
okay but seems dangerous since I don't know which machines are logged in
? ?? unlike for all the other linux machines.

Also the network is really simple - just an internet server based on
DHCP being enabled

regards
ram