On 3/28/06, "आशीष शुक्ला \"Wah Java !!\"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> And BTW, what are conventions for, if they're not fit in every situations,
> that's why standards are there.

There are many, many things it's worth fighting for standardisation
on. The username 'root' is such an ingrained Unix convention (yes, a
convention, not a standard) that it really isn't one of them.

I suggest you spend your headspace, your love of precision, and our
mail-reading time on something more important. Even in the area of
Linux security I have no doubt there are hundreds of more meaningful
and genuine issues ...

Cian