Dear Readers,

May 2006 issue of LINUX for You is about to hit the stands across the
country and what makes this issue worth a special mention is the fact
that it has Fedora Core 5 DVD bundled with it. The latest avtar of the
most popular distro in India, FC5 offers a cool, vibrant interface and
runs at blistering speeds. Just try this DVD to believe the words.

The COMMUNITY FOLKS will love the feature on China's keenness to embrace
open standards and open source software. Read on the article CHINA WAVES
THE LINUX FLAG to know more. For those keen to know more about the
history of Linux & Open Source, we have started a new feature called
'Down Memory Lane' in which we will take our readers through the various
phases of development of key projects that virtually wrote open source
history. In this issue, we talk about Apache Web Server.

For TECHIES, the highlight is the article on building your own SOHO PBX
system with Asterisk. The feature deals with a detailed guide on
configuring and setting up a powerful home/office PBX system. Also, we
present 10 awesome tools that are a must have for every PHP developer.

For Techies
~~~~~~~~~~~
*  PHP Developer's Arsenal- 10 Awesome Tools
*  Top 10 Tips to Get Started with PHP
*  Backing Up and Restoring Files on Debian

For Newbies
~~~~~~~~~~~
*  Pimping the Fox
*  Beagle Your Desktop
*  Replacing FrameMaker with OpenOffice.org Writer

For Decision Makers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* TuxHeroes: (1) Holiday Marketing International (HMI); (2) Banas Dairy

The LFY CDs
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fedora Core 5 DVD - Lay your hands on the all new Fedora Core 5.

LFY CD #2 - A collection of software, games and updates.
   * Developers: GNU Octave, gazpacho, bazaar, Objective Caml
   * Newbies: Kasablance, Amaya, Wallpaper, Themes
   * Power User: Apache Tomcat, Zope, JBoss, Resin
   * Games: Battle for Wesnoth, Barrage, X-pired, Tile World, Egg Chess,
Powermanga
   * Updates: FEDORA CORE 5, Linux Kernel

Our effort is in your hands now. We hope you cherish reading the issue.

WHERE TO GET YOUR COPY?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Problems getting a copy of LFY? Feel free to reach out to our
distributors (IBH) listed below:
# Ahmedabad - Mr. S. K. Sharma (079-26577068)
# Banglore - Mr. Devaru Bhatt (080-22261305, 080-22252385)
# Chennai - Mr. Vijay Rengan (044-28273893)
# Hyderabad - Mr. Ramesh Rajgopal (040-27564945, 040-27561140)
# Kolkata - Mr. Mehta (033-2498096/97)
# Mumbai - Mr. Indur Vaswani (022-24943707)
# New Delhi - Mr. P. K. Das (011-23313014/15)
# Pune - Mr. Ashok Basant (020-26131261)
# Trivandrum - Mr. Hari Kumar (0471-2475443)

HOW TO SUBSCRIBE OR COMPLAIN?