Thanx Ashish,

I am using the GNOME, and have already tried it, I am using the  workstation
through root,  when i try to open the XScreenSaver through preference it
gives the following warning :
THe XScreensaver daemon does not seems to be running on display "localhost:
0.0". Launch it now?
on trying to launch it , gives the following error

Th.e xscreensaver daemon did not start up properly.

But as I already mentioned that I am being able to disable the screensaver
by using the following comands:

export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0
xset s off

And the power management option does not seems to work for me.

On 5/17/06, "आशीष शुक्ला \"Wah Java !!\"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you're in KDE, open KDE Control Center (kcontrol), then navigate to
> Peripherals->Display there are some Power Control options. This option
> might be
> present in Appearence & Themes->Screensaver. I'm not sure coz I'm on FC5.
> If
> you're in GNOME, there is a "Screensaver" item in Preferences, which lets
> configure Power Management settings also. Or from command line, do the
> following
> to bring up "Screensaver" preferences dialog box.
>
> -- begin command --
> prompt> xscreensaver-command -prefs
> -- end command --
>
> Yudhi wrote:
> > Hello group,
> >
> > I have a small problem , I am using redhat 9.0 ,
> >
> > ON this redhat 9.0 , I donot want my system to go in the power saving
> mode,
> > as it goes in the power saving mode after every 20 minutes. I want my
> screen
> > visible all the time for some specific purpose.
> >
> > I did myself some study and succesfull in disabling the screensaver only
> by
> > using the following command,
> > export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0
> > xset s off
> >
> > but my need is 24 hour visible screen !
> >
> > I also tried the following also,
> > apm=off
> > in the following manner in the file /etcgrub.conf
> >         kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.20-31.9 ro root=LABEL=/ apm=off
> >
> > but it is not working,
> >
> > please help .
> >
> > Regards,
> > Yudhi
>

> Thanks
> Ashish Shukla
> --
> आशीष शुक्ला alias "Wah Java !!"
> http://www.geocities.com/wah_java_dotnet/
>
> The only key to optimal life (in deterministic life) is precision.
>
>                                 -- Ashish Shukla "Wah Java !!"

          ( @ @ )
oOOo==(__)==oOOo
           YUDHI