Vikas Upadhyay wrote:
> On 5/22/06, Karanbir Singh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Vikas Upadhyay wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>> I have already run up2date to get the latest from Redhat. I want to
>> install
>>> the audit-1.2.2 on Linux box (RHEL 4, x86_64, dual processor XEON ) :
>> exactly what are you trying to achieve ?
>

> I have audit version 1.0.14 installed on my system. I want to  use the
> latest  version of audit subsytem (http://people.redhat.com/sgrubb/audit/ )
> and for that my system doesn't have the necessary rpms installed.

ok, you are still not clear as to why you need the newer version....

> I don't know what's the usual practice to resolve the chain of dependency,
> would appreciate any help in that direction.

the dep tree in this case is going to be interesting, rather than
building glibc down to python in order to satisfy depends - common sense
should kick in and you should just move from RHEL to Rawhide.

--
Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/ : [EMAIL PROTECTED]