On 6/2/06, "आशीष शुक्ला \"Wah Java !!\"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Nishant Sharma wrote:
> >> Well, it worked without a hitch for me, perhaps I
> >> have my browser
> >> encoding set to UTF8 by default.  If the hosting is
> >
> > I couldn't see the fonts in konqueror while
> > http://bbchindi.com is displaying flawlessly. I guess,
> > the site is not in Unicode. Firefox is able to display
> > it properly as I have got Padma (Unicode Extension for
> > Indic Scripts) installed.
>
> If you're getting some boxes instead of characters, then you don't have
> font
> installed. But if you're getting some cool characters like "लिये"
> then
> your browser is running in ISO-8859-1 encoding, and you need to switch to
> your
> browser's encoding to UTF-8. The document is UTF-8 encoded as I can see
> the BOM
> (byte order mark, i.e. these "" characters at the start of page) in
> ISO-8859-1 mode. Firefox displays correctly because "auto-detect encoding"
> option is ON by default. You need to turn this off if you want to get
> standards
> compliant behavior.

I see hindi in firefox (1.5.0.3 ) but the hindi *matra* are wrong (nirdesh
has become naridesh) and I see all *halant* (half/adha 'ka' is displayed
as 'ka' with halant) wherever I expect half letter in hindi. In IE 6.0 I can
see correct hindi.
I have set the encoding to UTF-8 in both the browsers.

Vikas

> > regards,
> > Nishant
> >
> > --
> > Peace, Love and Compile the kernel.
> > http://www.nishants.net
> >

> Thanks
> Ashish Shukla
> --
> आशीष शुक्ला alias "Wah Java !!"
> http://www.geocities.com/wah_java_dotnet/

  • Re: [ilugd] L0L... Vikas Upadhyay
    • Re: [ilugd... आशीष शुक्ला \"Wah Java !!\"
      • Re: [i... Vikas Upadhyay
        • Re... आशीष शुक्ला \"Wah Java !!\"
        • Re... आशीष शुक्ला \"Wah Java !!\"
          • ... Naresh Narang