Hi आशीष,

On 6/28/06, "आशीष शुक्ला \"Wah Java !!\"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Q. Is there anything like printing integrated (means users can print directly
> from apps) in applications (which are written from scratch e.g. a "Hello,
> World"
> application that want to print "Hello, World" text inside a rectangle, and
> only
> linked to glibc), esp.for printing graphics. I can print text easily, as
> compared to printing graphics, which requires some special printer specific
> codes (like escape codes for EPSON, postscript + postscript driver for
> Postscript printers), when printing directly to the printer.

I Havn't worked with any printing lib, but afaik, you can depend on
libgnomeprint for the same. I think Gedit also uses it. Though it
might add a dependency to your app, but is a good option when a new
backend is implemented in printing system. Your API's will not change,
only the implementation of the library will change internally.

> Q. How to discover printers ?
It must have an option for that... though i'm not quite sure of this.

You can have a look at gedit's code to get a headstart :)

:)
makuchaku
--
http://makuchaku.info
When you speak out with the courage of your convictions, people listen!