in infinite wisdom Yashpal Nagar spoke thus  On 10/18/2006 02:59 PM:
> Hi
> Can anyone please suggest me a two nodes of cluster on Linux preferbly
> with Suse enterprise linux 10 as active and passive nodes. This
> cluster will host a mysql database only. We have investigated a mysql
> based cluster as well but really don't know how much stable/robust it
> is.

Why do you need a linux cluster to load balance mysql ? Just setup
replication between 2 (or n) machines, make one of them a master, send
all writes to the master, send all reads to any of the machines.

I think this topic is covered in the book 'high performance mysql'.
Check it out.
--
raj shekhar
facts: http://rajshekhar.net | opinions: http://rajshekhar.net/blog