On 29/10/06, Kenneth Gonsalves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> i did not intend it as a flame - fyi, parts of the central govt and
> many state governments want to implement foss - but they dont have
> the resources or knowledge to do so. And we dont have the man power
> to do anything much. The foss community is busy being cynical, except
> for a very few. Its simple - any govt department wants foss -
> knowledgeable people must be available to guide them. We have
> interacted with ilugc on this and are now also working with ilugd -
> anyone is welcome to be part of the process - we will introduce you
> to the concerned departments/universities etc etc - the rest is up to
> you.

Cynicism is bred from mistrust of babudom. I know of the good work
done by many people in penetrating the mindset.

However community ownership and implementations also mean extending
hand out of the way, where needed (like coop movement etc.), but I do
not see much action and this leads to hen or egg question. Not much
teaching OSS in education as there is little demand and no demand as
there are no implementers.

I am doing my bit as I am sure you are. Let the flame burn brighter.

> ps - what is an AR?

Google for email abbr.

Sudev Barar