>>> so its ok to use non-free software as long as it doesnt pollute your
>>> hard drive?

>> I personally think it is alright. After all if I think it is free
>> enough for me, it is free. Otherwise we would not have such a wide
>> variety of free software licenses.

> which free software license is gmail released under?

I never said GMail is released under a free software license. AFAIK
GMail was never distributed as a package, it is just a web service. I
said, since I do not need to install GMail on my machine I am not
bothered. It satisfies my Free Software Guidelines, in the same way it
does not satisfy yours.

Firefox is deemed non-free by Debian, while FSF thinks it is ok. The
BSD allows something while the GPL does not.

Make your own choice.

Regards,
Debarshi
--
After the game the king and the pawn go into the same box.
                -- Italian proverb