On 3/4/07, Gaurav Mishra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi members,
>
>    Greetings to all, We are hosting a Linux Installfest in our
> Bi-Yearly Technical fest Jagriti. In which we are going to install
> Ubuntu edgy along with multimedia Capabilities and some hand picked
> software(which can be done as the person requests) on the
> participant`s PC`s .
>
> We have also planned to make it a central access point to access our
> famous and infamous internal ftp servers which would enabled users to
> get a huge pool of Entertainment resources.
>
>        Till now it seems that we are going to have atleast 100
> registrations at Installfest desk and will successfully install Ubuntu
> on these 100 pc`s (if that happen i will regard this installfest a
> success).

It might be good to consider altleast 2-3 distros in an install fest..
 say Fedora, Debian, Centos or anyother as per availability. First
this gives variety, so if same users have to use another setup
somewhere (work/home), they know what to expect & the issues
involved.. also install fest should include some post install setup -
like getting it up & running in an existing network etc, though adding
multimedia capabilities seems to be the above ojbective. Ubuntu CDs
maybe readily available.. FC6, Debian would need burning few DVDs..

Karunakar