Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> On 10-Mar-07, at 6:28 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>>> Can BOSS derivatives be created ? Will the source code be made
>>> available online or need I ask for it ? How can I (re)use BOSS for a
>>> custom spin ?
>> [...]
>>
>> Is it even an option *not* to make source code for packages in BOSS
>> available? I thought that BOSS was derived from Debian, contains many
>> GPL packages, and is publicly distributed, ergo, the source code has
>> to be made available. I have been meaning to test this by writing to
>> the address on the BOSS CDs. Maybe I should do so now
>
> would make more sense if this discussion took place on the chennai
> mailing list as all the BOSS devels are subscribed there

To be honest, this sort of a discussion should really be taking place on
the bosslinux-devel or user list.... if there even is such a thing, and
if there is - how does one get onto that list..

If they dont have the infrastructure to host such basic things, I might
look at providing that - but it seems a bit odd that Cdac, IOSN, NRCfoss
and whoever else might be involved here is unable to raise the resources
required in order to make this happen.

- KB

[1]: Where should I be looking to find the people _really_ doing the
development and any managerial roles involved ?

[2]: What is the chennai mailing list and where can I find the address
for that ?

--
Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/ : [EMAIL PROTECTED]