Hi,
    I am trying to compile 2.6.20 kernel on Fedora Core 6, and was able
to make menuconfig, make initrd, bzImage etc. I even added an entry to
grub.conf so that I could boot into it. Problem is that kernel starts to
boot, but hangs at loading system activity data collector (sadc). After
5 mins, some garbled output appears and the kernel panics, forcing me to
reboot. The Fedora provided kernel rpm's are till 2.6.19.2911 (Latest),
and they work fine. What could be the issue?

This is unrelated, but just wanted to add..
People who feel that initrd booting is slow, can try initng (INIT New
generation) (It is new and still experimental). Boot time improves
tremendously (But some problems like proprietary ATI/Nvidia kernel
modules do not load). Jus do a yum install initng in Fedora 6.

Regards and Thanks in advance,
Karthik Ramgopal