Karthik Ramgopal wrote:
> Hi,
>     I am trying to compile 2.6.20 kernel on Fedora Core 6, and was able
> to make menuconfig, make initrd, bzImage etc. I even added an entry to
> grub.conf so that I could boot into it. Problem is that kernel starts to
> boot, but hangs at loading system activity data collector (sadc). After
> 5 mins, some garbled output appears and the kernel panics, forcing me to
> reboot. The Fedora provided kernel rpm's are till 2.6.19.2911 (Latest),
> and they work fine. What could be the issue?

There are many reasons for kernel panics. It would be better if you can
provide more details about your boot messages. It is hard to guess the
problem with amount of info that you have provided.

but ...

What you can do is, If your other kernel is working fine, you can use
it's config file to configure your new  kernel. Then, compile it. This
should work.

--
Sandip ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
www.gnulinux.in