On 4/4/07, Soi, Dhruv <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am planning to create own Linux distribution with minimal and few custom
> packages also inducing unattended installation procedure.

This is something that is still not feasible, How are you planning to
customize the installer, Which installer you are choosing ?

>  I would be doing
> it for the very first time so thought to gain some expert advice before
> proceeding. I would prefer to follow either Debian platform or Redhat or may
> be both.

I would prefer taking ubuntu as a base , Ofcourse you get access to a
very large debian/ubuntu repositry , But the plus point with ubuntu is
that there are a lot of documentation available that is ideal for
newbie

> Incase, anyone out here had good experience in achieving the same then I
> would appreciate if you can share your experiences and pointers to do so. I
> have been trying to google it around and encountered few links:
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/
> http://www.rocklinux.org/wiki/Main_Page
> http://www.gnewsense.org/Builder/HowToCreateYourOwnGNULinuxDistribution

wiki.ubuntu.com/InstallCDCustomizationHowTo

Please add any details or new customization to the wiki so that others
can follow

> But before I start working on any, I thought that there might be some
> awesome link that I couldn't locate and you might like to share.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Dhruv

Linux User #348873
ILUGD Commitee Member, GZLUG , DGLUG Moderator
B.Tech 4th Year Computer Science , RKGIT , Ghaziabad
http://rockybhai.blogspot.com
"When i can run , i will run , When i can walk , i will walk, When i can
crawl , i will crawl. But i will not stop moving forward"