dear all,
[cross-posting to linux-delhi and linux-india mailing lists]

confession: i have got addicted to internet-radio.
i use ubuntu feisty, and installed amarok.
clicked on playlists, then on 'radio streams'.

my lower jaw scraped the floor
as i discovered mostly 24x7 radio channels,
probably more than 4,000 of them,
neatly organized in every conceivable category.

most stations stream at near-CD quality here.
i prefer those with NO advertising, and NO chatty radio DJ yack.
just the music.

have expanded my tastes to several genres over these two to three months.
it's an experience to expand your consciousness.
and to discover how we tend to get so rigid about our tastes in music.

anyways, on 15 july 2007, net radio could go dead.
check out why here
http://www.savenetradio.org/

you could read a backgrounder here
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/news/43064-rip-internet-radio-71507

and here i was, so excited about this new stream of radio juice!
been enthusiastically sharing and inviting people to discover internet radio.
i personally listen to atleast 10 to 16 hours of internet radio a day.
and was even thinking of starting a thread or a forum or a mailing
list so we could all share the multi-dimensional re-discovery of
internet radio on broadbands at home.

sigh!

:-|
niyam bhushan