On Thu, 2007-07-26 at 01:51 -0700, Viksit Gaur wrote:
> If you download the file and check inside the 'SETUP'
> directory - there's a set of installation instructions
> in a txt file. Good place to start. I see that is
> requires you to install a bunch of libraries and
> applications, such as MySQL and others.
>
> To do this - you'd need a working knowledge of
> configuring and installing apps on linux, as well as
> going through config files, editing them, and some
> very basic SQL too. But if you can manage that, I'd
> say an hour of trials should have you set pretty soon.
>
> As for what you'd need to learn - reading
> installation.txt and then doing a web search for
> anything you don't understand and learning it -
> probably the best way to go. There's also the
> #linux-india channel on Freenode where you can ask
> questions if you get stuck.

I went through the 'Installation' text, and I installed all the
dependencies mentioned there. Like MySQL or PHP. And, I am familiar with
the very basic commands of MySQL (used it once or twice). But, still it
is not working like that. It could be a great help if someone creates a
package for Ubuntu that can be installed and worked with right away.
Shall I have to learn PHP to run this thing? Is PHP difficult. Just for
working with this package how much labor it will take, say, one or two
days, or, one or two weeks?

Thank you for the suggestions.

---
das