Hello Friends

In PGDP (Project Gutenberg Distributed Proofreaders) we use a very nice
interface for proof-reading from OCR-s of scanned pages. This interface
shows the scanned image and the text editor side by side, with many
other added advantages. This works as an web-interface in the sense that
the edited files are saved in PGDP server, not my machine. There it
happens in a very simple way, we just log-in, proof-read with this
interface and save the edited files.

Some of us here (using Ubuntu 7.04 or Fedora 6) we want to use this
interface locally for our own works on our personal machines.

The codes for this interface are available under GPL from:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dproofreaders/

Can anyone please suggest exactly what to do if we want to use this
thing, or, will it be too much for people like me, without any
developing skills, except a few bash scripts for very minor demands, to
try to do this at all? And if I/we want to do this, what things exactly
we will have to learn?

---
das