On 05/08/07, Parijat Garg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes.I'm shutting it down.
> The point is that I got this error on a freshly formatted disk with a
> fresh ubuntu install. All the partitions on my disks can be mounted
> correctly once the system boots so I don't think there is any
> filesystem corruption either. There is one thing though... that even

Bottom or in line posting is encouraged.

You have the install disk, pop that in to drive and boot. Then choose
memtest86+ from menu and let is complete one full pass (this takes
time) and see if any errors are thrown up. Just because the disk is
new does not guarantee error free.

> when the system boots correctly, it does a disk check on all of the
> partitions but finds no errors.

All the more reason to suspect hardware errors as the problem is not consistent.

Sudev Barar

See you at 'Freed.in - freedom in technology & software' - India's
leading free and open source community event. 28- 29 September 2007,
New Delhi. Entry free, on first come basis. Register at
http://Freed.in