On 06/08/07, Kenneth Gonsalves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 06-Aug-07, at 5:39 AM, Sudev Barar wrote:
>
> > If any one is interested to purchase this you can tell me and with a
> > combined order we can get lower price. With the quantity I have the
> > total price including freight, taxes, duties etc. will be Rs8000 per
> > piece. This can get lower to Rs7500 if I can total combined order of
> > 50 pieces. A very nominal local delivery charge would be added or you
> > can pick it up.
>
> doesnt seem to much of a price advantage - although the size
> advantage is there. An equivalent assembled box looks cheaper to me.
> So, what are the advantages?

Yep not much advantage unless you can step up volumes to 1000+ then
the price line drops to ~6k.
That said I find that the device has voltage range of 110~250 so in
over a year not a single power supply is blown, this is without any
UPS etc. neither is any moving part involved so you can say bye bye to
AMC.
Second form factor. Out of the way mounting right on back of LCD
screen. Third no fan means very quite working. Lastly power
consumption is only 8watt. Pays for itself by reducing electricity
bills and lower heat output.

I expect if some one really produced volumes the price line can drop
lower but I am happy enough at this.
Sudev Barar

See you at 'Freed.in - freedom in technology & software' - India's
leading free and open source community event. 28- 29 September 2007,
New Delhi. Entry free, on first come basis. Register at
http://Freed.in