On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 18:05 +0530, Anupam Jain wrote:
[...]
> Recommending command line options to do something as basic as downloading a
> file from the net sends out really bad signals to Linux newbies..
[...]

Speak for yourself, dude. The so-called newbies that I have explained
command-line ways to do things with have been quite happy with the
results, and I see no reason to push the GUI over the command-line,
or vice-versa. Each has its advantages in different areas, but
downloading files is *not* one in which there is a clear gain with
one or the other. In my opinion, of course.

Regards,
Gora