On Mon, 2007-08-27 at 11:06 +0530, Gora Mohanty wrote:
> Can you show us the results of typing
>   fc-list :lang=hi
> in a terminal?

As I told you, because I could not be sure of what font OOo is using, I
just selected the whole thing, and changed it to lohit-hindi. But, still
the same problem was there.

And this is the output of my 'fc-list :lang=hi':

<<<
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ fc-list :lang=hi
Samanata:style=Regular
Gargi_1.7:style=Medium
FreeSans:style=Medium,navadno
Chandas:style=Regular
Lohit Hindi:style=Regular
DVBOTSurekh:style=Normal
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$

Different kinds of problems are coming up with OOo with Bangla too, in
Ubuntu 7.04, things I already reported to the bengalinux.org. The list
of problems is quite long. And this happens regularly. Sayamindu
Dasgupta of ILUG-Cal has from time to time, personally tweaked the
things and made it usable for me. I am quite a heavy duty user in Bangla
and English wordprocessing. The English part is always OK, but the
problem comes with the Indic part. Maybe it is time now for a change to
Fedora or something, which as some demonstrations showed is behaving
quite well with the Indic things. Many of my developer friends are quite
content with Ubuntu, but, for us, poor non-developer users mainly
working with Word Processors, maybe it is the time to rethink. I think,
the superfast change into Feisty mangled some things somewhere. Anyway,
it is absolutely outside the scope of my ability to dissect the cause.
Leaving that thing for you people.

Thanks for trying to help.

--
das