das দাশ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> So, all this problem was coming from Ubuntu OOo? That is quite
> probable.

Which version of OOo is this? (dpkg -l *openoffice* |grep ii) will
tell you (sorry do not know synaptic well enough).

If you have good bandwidth, you can add some newer repository to get a
newer version of OO.o. (Some Ubuntu guru would be able to confirm
this).

> In Bangla too, Ubuntu is giving a lot of problems. Some Bangla
> essay, which I am writing for quite a long time, around two years,
> is getting mangled in many ways by Ubutnu 7.04 OOo. Though it is
> reading quite nicely in Fedora, with all the things in their proper
> place.

Again, in OOo?

> do now with this word-processing, the prime need?

Ah yes, you are speaking of OOo. So get OOo from a newer
repository. But wait for a day or two to confirm that this is indeed
the problem. My problem is I do not have an Ubuntu machine.

--
 Mahesh T. Pai <<>> http://paivakil.blogspot.com/
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure