On 28/09/2007, hemant ritturaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I was trying to install Fedora core 7 on my new Dell XPS M1330 system, but
> dvd fails to recognize the harddisk.

Did you try installing by passing parameters "acpi=off noapic"
appended to command line for install?

> Then I manage to install FC6 on the same system , but its Broadcom ethernet
> card is not working, I tried installing its driver from broadcom website for
> 57xx ethernet card , the driver get installed but it is not pinging to the
> gateway
>
> dmesg give me error :
> ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): eth1: link is not ready

I am assuming that whatever module was getting loaded before
installing the downloaded driver was blacklisted?

Since Freed.In is going on JNU why not drop in and we can see if your
lappy can be made useful?
Sudev Barar