On 19/10/2007, Sahil Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hi all,
>
> i got some problem with my ethernet card.. that was workin fine in both
> linux and win..
> so, i switched over to a USB connection with the modem.. its workin in win
> after driver installation.
>
> but like in thought its stuck in linux( ubuntu 7.04).. doesn't even detect
> some usb device connected..

Please specify the Model you are using.
I've had good experience with UT-StarCom modems (from MTNL).
I'm too using Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn) and the modem is found and used
without needing any intervention.
The driver that the modem uses is CDC-Ethernet USB driver. It makes it
appear as an ethernet device (eth0...).

however it auto detects and mounts my other usb devices (pen drives, card
> readers, etc)

- Kazim Zaidi
Blog: http://tuxplayground.blogspot.com