On 19/10/2007, Sahil Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[snip]

> but like in thought its stuck in linux( ubuntu 7.04).. doesn't even detect
> some usb device connected..
> however it auto detects and mounts my other usb devices (pen drives, card
> readers, etc)
>
> is there some way i can resolve this..??

Sahil, did you get the problem solved. A friend of mine today asked the same

question, and so I was able to run his MTNL modem using USB.

You may've to try
   /sbin/modprobe cdc-ether

And if you see the message "usb 2-2: No configuration chosen from ...
choices"
in dmesg output, then try configuration 1,
   echo -n 1 > /sys/bus/usb/devices/2-2/bConfigurationValue
Replace 2-2 with the actual number you see in dmesg output.

Using these commands, a new interface eth1 was enabled as
CDC USB Ethernet.

- Kazim Zaidi
Blog: http://tuxplayground.blogspot.com